Tuff E Nuff Quarter Horses

Tuff E Nuff Quarter Horses
Lucy

Thursday, January 8, 2009

"Crud" update

I consulted two vets (mine & a friend’s) who both feel Lucy has rain rot. I was told to spray her with Lysol, groom her and get her in the sun. The first nice day we had I was told to give her a Pine-sol bath.

**excuse me**

I’m not giving my horse a bath in Pine-sol. I think the label suggest we use gloves.

It seems to be coming out well with the Furminator and doesn’t seem to be affecting her so I’m sending hair samples to two friends to see if they can figure out what it is. I’ll update as soon as I know anything. My luck it will come back that it was just rain rot but we’ve had rain rot before and it has never been like this.

1 comment:

John Harrer said...

You said you started the sweet feed in the summer and the horses got bug bites. Rain rot sounds like a fungus problem. Is that where the crud is coming from? Sounds like for a fungus I would have a dry area to keep them in and what about an athlete's foot powder to sprinkle on them? That might be better than Pine-sol. Also I think the furminator is good because that thing probably dries the coat too.