MIL and the drill team had a performance at the Carson Rodeo 08/7 and it was by far the worst performance they’ve ever had. They tried to get it back together but it didn’t happen and they left the arena w/o finishing the performance. They were scheduled to perform at the opening ceremonies of the Iowa State Fair in less then a week so this was not the confidence booster they needed.
MIL and I got back to her place around 2 in the morning and it took a while before we were able to fall asleep. We’d planned on getting up in the morning and going for a trail ride before heading home. Notice I used the word planned. By noon we finally got the horses loaded and headed to the trails. I think we should have stayed at home. The trails were horrible. They have had so much water this year that they haven’t been maintained. We got to the middle of one trail and the creek had been washed out. It had a “caution” sign. Caution? I don’t think you could get your horse through it w/o risking injury. IMO it should have been closed. MIL and I turned around and headed back.
We hit another trail and we could tell the horses (Sis mainly) were tiring. At one creek crossing she went to her knees coming up the hill. It scared MIL but I think she was just tired and missed her step. We headed back to the trailer and gave them a good rinse down before heading home.
Lucy did spook w/me for the first time. Luckily I was able to stay on. I’m not happy that she spooked but I was happy w/her response. She did a ORS before I could find my reins.
The drill team did perform at the Iowa State Fair Opening Ceremonies. I didn’t go but I was told it went well. You can see a few clips of them in this video talking about the new facilities at the fairgrounds.
State Fair Opens
Sis was used once again for the Cowgirl Queen Contest on Friday at the State Fair. Anna – our Jr. Queen made the cut for the semi finals. This is a pretty big deal to make the cut so we were very proud of her.
Anna doing the cowgirl salute on Sis (yeah can you believe she can run).
1 comment:
Great Cowgirl picture. Sis looks like she is flying!
Post a Comment