Tuff E Nuff Quarter Horses

Tuff E Nuff Quarter Horses
Lucy

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Max's Evaluation

So here is the evaluation the Dressage Trainer gave Max. I took it as a compliment when she told me I'd done a good job with his training (minus the Rolkur LOL). He's a good horse though so I won't take too much of the credit - just some. ;)


Max would be a nice lower level dressage horse. I say lower level because his competition will most likely be the bigger moving warmbloods. However with the right rider Max could do very well. At this point I’d say about 2nd level. He is well balanced, light to the aids, light in your hand and accepts seat and leg. Max is at a very moldable stage and with a patient rider/trainer will progress quickly. He has three nice gaits that are free flowing and regular. As Max develops the correct muscle to carry himself I believe his trot will get better as he will step underneath from behind to allow his shoulders to come up. Lateral work seems to be easy for him and due to his early Western training, collection will not be a problem. Max has a nice temperament and an excellent work ethic. This is an assessment after one ride.

1 comment:

John Harrer said...

I think you SHOULD take the credit. You've done a lot with Max, put him in a lot of different situations, and it has helped him learn a lot.

I hope this evaluation helps him find the right home.