Tuff E Nuff Quarter Horses

Tuff E Nuff Quarter Horses
Lucy

Friday, September 26, 2008

As the days go by

Last night I tried to pick all of the bug bites off of LLL. There are so many and they don't want to come off with brushes. The only way to get them off is to pick at them with your fingernail & I could tell she wasn’t very happy with that. I decided to try to give her a Chlorhexidine bath to see if I couldn’t “soften” the areas (not sure how to describe, they are like little scabs) up and encourage them to come off.

Of course LLL wasn’t thrilled because it’s not exactly warm here at night. I figured while I was at it I just as well Selsun Blue her mane & tail. After I got done I put her fly sheet on. I’m hoping this helps clear up the bumps. Now I need to find a new feed. I think my current feed is part of the problem.

Tonight MIL is coming over. We have our last show tomorrow and she wants Sis to look all perty. I think I’m going to let Chase ride Max and I’m going to ride Abby (couldn’t ride Lu even if I wanted to with the bites on her back). DH said he’s not going to ride and since this is Chase’s last chance to run barrels and poles he just as well be on a horse we don’t have to worry about having a fit because it has to go fast.

The drill team will be performing their last run of the season. Of course it wouldn’t be normal if something didn’t happen right? Well one of the members thinks her horse pulled a tendon so now we are rushing to find a horse or someone else to fill in the spot.

My blog is probably going to start getting a little boring (if there are even any updates). The sun is going down sooner so I have less of a chance to get out and ride and DH is getting ready to leave to help harvest. He’ll be gone almost the entire month of October so it will just be the boys and I which will make riding pretty difficult.

1 comment:

John Harrer said...

Good luck at the show.

Where and what does your husband harvest?

Boring?! I doubt it.