Tuff E Nuff Quarter Horses

Tuff E Nuff Quarter Horses
Lucy

Friday, September 5, 2008

Our Starting Point - Part 2

Yielding the QH and FQ. I always seem to yield the HQ better off-line then I do on-line. I see her front feet are still moving. She does better yielding her FQ without the stick which is why I dropped it.



LFR Stage 1. This is the one you need to turn the volume up on if you want a giggle. Lucy was well…………..being Lucy. Is it sad that I get a chuckle out of this behavior? I don’t see it as disrespectful as much as a young horse feeling her oats on the end of the line. It’s been a LONG time since we’ve done LFR Stage 1. She’s normally not this full of it.



And just for S & G’s I took a quick LFR Stage 2 video just to show you how athletic this little fart is! We don’t do stage 2 because I was trying to get her better (less reactive) at stage one and well………you know how far I got on that.

I’m dismissing her ear pinning when she turns. I don’t think it’s any different then when Mindy does it when CA turns her. I think its Lucy’s way of concentrating. It’s that “cutting” look.

ETA: Yes I am asking her to turn at the same spot so that it is easier for my camera "woman" to get the video & so that you could hopefully see her facial expressions (didn't figure you could see the pissed off look she gives me if her butt was pointed towards the camera).



Once we were done messing around I decided to lay Lucy down. Here are a few pics from that.

Meet “dead horse”

Photobucket

Photobucket

She hates having her nose messed with when she’s down.

Photobucket

Good girl!

Photobucket

No, she’s not eating. She’s just to lazy to pick up her head.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Tweets! Have you got tweets?

Photobucket

I still think she’s half donkey some days!

Photobucket

1 comment:

John Harrer said...

Looks good. She has some good energy, which "they" say makes it easier to train.

I know you probably just doing it for the camera, but every turn on lfr II was the same spot in the circle.

And it's good to see that it's not only Jessie who thinks it's okay to move her back feet when we are yielding the forequarters.

Nice lay down stills...